Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 7- Vegas to Los Angeles

"Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown." --George Shinn

I wish there was more to write about for this last stop. But, this turned out to be the most uneventful of days. In fact, we didn't take hardly any pics-- none worth posting, anyway.

We got out of Vegas at a crawl. It ended up taking us more than 5.5 hours to get to Los Angeles. We did have to stop for gas-- which, by the way, was $3.99 a gallon. I saw it coming, but that didn't make it hurt any less. By the time we arrived, Maverick had to take a bathroom break and we were starving.

We hopped back in the car and made our way to Santa Monica. I adore that area and I thought, "if Tim had one night in Cali, where would he like to be?" This is it. It's such a laid-back environment. We rolled over to a little, quirky restaurant called "The Novel Cafe." The place was littered with local, humorous art that provided plenty of entertainment while we waited for our food.

Tim got the craziest El Paso burger that was topped with cheese and turkey chili-- it was ridiculous. I, on the other hand, ended up with a BBQ chicken quesadilla and a side salad. Sounds generic, but it was wonderful. The place was so cool that I almost asked them if they were hiring. I figure, if I can't find a job soon, maybe I'll just look for a place where there are cool people in a fun atmosphere. Maybe I need a break from the rat race...

After dinner, we walked around Santa Monica, then drove around the typical places: Venice, Marina Del Rey, Sunset, Hollywood, etc. It was fun just to get our bearings and get acquainted with the area a little better. Now I have a LITTLE better idea of some cool areas to live.

Well, Tim gets on a flight tomorrow at noon, heading back East. From there, I'm on my own. I have plans to go to the Sprint store to trash my Blackberry, make an appointment to get my hair did, wash my car (it's atrocious), and begin life. Tuesday marks the beginning of the job hunt and getting re-acquainted with wonderful friends out here that I have missed so much.

However, I do already feel the slight homesickness coming on. I'm missin' on my friends and family back East and FULLY expect many of them to be crashing my couch in the near future. That is....once I get a place....and a couch. I also plan to pop back to VB for a hot second in August. You can't get rid of me that easily!

So, any prayers and well wishes/thoughts are greatly appreciated. But, this is not the end of the "blog road." Though I will not be blogging every day, which I'm sure would get annoying, I will surely keep everyone updated as my world continues to turn. :)

I love each of you- please, please keep in touch as to what is happening with you in this wild, wild world.

~Em


3 comments:

  1. you're good at blogging twin!!! miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em! i hope all is well with you and i'm glad your trip was so eventful. Your blog is really sweet and I can appreciate the depth you write with. I wish you nothing but the best on the west coast. I'll be living in Colorado in December and I propose a skiing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for a Denver trip! However, I've never been skiing, so you'll see me from afar on the bunny slope! :)

    ReplyDelete